Job Posting for LGL Limited, environmental research associates, Sidney, B.C., King City, Ont., and Anchorage, Alaska .
LGL is accepting applications for Marine Ecologist/Mammalogist positions in our British Columbia, Ontario and Alaska offices.
Available positions range from senior project managers to junior biologists. LGL conducts marine mammal research and environmental assessments for a wide variety of clients in Canada, the U.S.A., and elsewhere, with an emphasis on applied research and impact assessments relating to marine mammals and underwater noise.
The successful candidates will work as members of our existing office-based teams to fulfill existing project obligations and to obtain new work in traditional and new project areas. These are full-time positions with fieldwork (travel) requirements.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate abilities and experience consistent with the following minimum requirements:
* Intermediate/Senior positions: M.Sc. or Ph.D. (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years experience working on projects involving marine biota, including substantial marine mammal work
* Junior positions: B.Sc. with 2+ years working experience as noted above, or M.Sc.
* Experience with marine mammal surveys, photo-id, disturbance assessments, acoustics, and mitigation measures is valued
* Candidates for the Sidney and King City offices must be eligible to live and work in Canada (Canadian citizens or permanent residents). Preference will be given to those who are also able to work in the U.S.A.; biologists with Canadian (or U.S.) citizenship usually qualify for U.S. work
* Candidates for the Anchorage office must be eligible to live and work in the U.S.A.
* Willing to travel, including to remote areas
* Work effectively alone and as part of a team
* Senior positions require strong project management abilities including team building, task scheduling, client relations, and fiscal tracking (plus extensive marine mammal experience)
* Consulting experience would be an asset
* Strong analytical and technical writing skills with evidence of senior authorship on study proposals and reports, and ideally journal publications
* Able to provide at least two references who will substantiate your qualifications.
* Marine ecologists/mammalogists with qualifications similar to but not exactly matching the above will be considered.
Salary & Benefits:
LGL provides competitive salaries and benefits. Salary commensurate with position and experience.
Open until filled.
Send via email a cover letter with career goals and objectives, specific LGL office(s) of interest to the candidate, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV to
Ms. Kerry Stratton
9768 Second Street
E-mail: email@example.com or
Ms. Amanda White
22 Fisher Street
King City, Ont.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Ms. Julie-Ann Karsten
East 76th Ave. Suite B
E-mail any enquiries.
No phone calls please.
This posting is also available at http://lgl.com/cont-employment.htm