Get off-campus and study wild orcas for 10 weeks in the spring or fall of 2009!
Apply now to conduct your own research with the Beam Reach Marine Science and Sustainability School.
Beam Reach is for you if you want to:
- study endangered orcas and their prey in the wild
- use advanced bioacoustic tools in your own research project
- network with experts in killer whale conservation
- learn to sail a biodiesel-electric catamaran
- explore the San Juan Islands in the Pacific Northwest
- earn 18 credits from the University of Washington
Check it out at: http:beamreach.org
We are now accepting applications for:
Spring 2009 -- March 30 - June 06
Fall 2009 -- August 24 - October 31
To apply you should have completed your first year of college, be interested in the marine environment, and want to spend 10 weeks off-campus in an intensive field research experience. Ask yourself: Is Beam Reach for you?
Let us know if you have any questions!
Dr. Scott Veirs