WANTED: Professors to teach experiential field courses in Marine Science summer programs in Fiji, Costa Rica, Caribbean, and Canada.
Academic Treks - College Without Boarders (ATC) has summer employment job offerings to individuals with PhD degrees in Marine Science fields.
* Marine Mammal Ecology (Canada) - High school and college level programs
* Shark Behavior and Conservation (Fiji) - High school and college level programs
* Sea Turtle Ecology and Conservation (Costa Rica)- High school and college level programs
* Tropical Marine Biology (Various Caribbean Islands)- High school and college level programs
* Oceanography (Various Caribbean Islands) - College level programs only (PhD preferred, Masters required).
* Marine Reserves Management (Various Caribbean Islands) - High school and college level programs
AT and ATC offers high school and college students the opportunity to immerse themselves in another culture while experientially studying Marine Science and earning college credit.
Instructors are needed to teach marine science courses in many locations abroad. In addition to teaching the course, instructors are responsible for facilitating groups, leading adventure activities and field trips such as hiking, involving students in community service projects, facilitating home stays and handling various other Course Instructor responsibilities.
Masters or PhD in Marine Science or relevant field (specific to program applying for), teaching experience in the subject area, proficiency in language spoken, international travel experience, experience working with young adults, and flexibility.
Staff training includes a couple weekend trainings in April/May,as well as a week in late May. Courses run from May-August. Each courseis about 21 - 35 days.
Click here to apply.
Visit http://www.broadreachstaff.com/ to apply online or send resume, cover letter, photo, and contact information for 3 references to
Broadreach Academic Treks,
806 McCulloch Street, Suite 102,
Raleigh, NC 27603.
For more information about our highschool programs, please visit www.academictreks.com ; or for our college programs, please visit www.academictrekscollege.com.