Research Biologist (Marine Mammals)
Permanent Full Time
The Zoological Parks Board of NSW (ZPB) has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual with suitable experience, to join our team as a Research Biologist on a permanent full time basis.
As part of the Scientific Research and Wildlife Conservation Division based at Taronga Zoo, the Research Biologist will be required to grow the research capacity within the ZPB by ensuring research is relevant,economical and productive, with a focus on programs encompassed by the Australian Marine Mammal Research Centre (AMMRC).
The successful applicant will possess:
* PhD or post doctorate experience in population management,reproductive physiology and/or acoustics in marine mammals.
* Excellent academic track record measured by the number of publications in high impact factor scientific journals.
* Experience with conducting research on in-situ populations.
* Working knowledge of research related legislation and the conduct of Animal Ethics Committees.
* Demonstrated experience, confidence and effectiveness in communicating research and science to the broader community.
* Demonstrated success in obtaining research grants, fundraising and sponsorship.
* Demonstrated leadership and ability to effectively supervise research staff/students including undergraduate and postgraduate (PhD) students.
* Effective administrative, planning, organizational and time management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to monitor, maintain and report on budgets.
* Well developed verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills.
To obtain an information package including the position description, application form and selection criteria, please visit www.zoo.nsw.gov.au
Or contact Rebecca Spindler on 02 9978 4608, or email:
Applications addressing the selection criteria should be sent to:
HR Officer, ZPB,
PO Box 20,
by Thursday 31 January 2007 quoting reference. no. 2007/581.
Taronga and Western Plains Zoos - Contributing to Conservation
Kate McDonald Human
oological Parks Board of NSW
Ph: (02) 9978 4626
Fax: (02) 9978 4582