The Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling (CREEM) is hosting a *Statistical Modelling* workshop 20-23 January 2009 in our purpose-built facilities at the University of St Andrews, Scotland.
The aim of this workshop is to train participants in regression modelling methods, including Generalised Linear Models (GLMs). The 4-day workshop is set at an introductory level, and will cover the basics of statistical modelling including:
· parameter estimation, confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, /t/-tests, ANOVA
· linear models, generalized least squares models (to fit models which allow non-independence and/or non-constant error variance)
· Generalised Linear Models for presence/absence data or proportions: model specification, selection, diagnostics, interpretation
· GLMs for count data: model specification, selection, diagnostics, interpretation
· Overdispersed GLM models will also be covered.
The workshop will be taught using a marine mammal case study and workshop practicals will be based on an impact assessment example. Participants will learn to use the R software package, and no previous experience is necessary. Computer sessions take place in our modern computer classroom (attached to the seminar room); participants can use our computers or bring their own laptop computers.
For further information or registration, please contact Dr. Monique Mackenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rhona Rodger (email@example.com)
Research Unit for Wildlife Population Assessment
Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling
University of St. Andrews
St. Andrews Scotland KY16 9LZ
+44 (0)1334 461833